About The Position
We’re looking for a talented Product Owner to guide the design, development, and support of a leading Data Platform product. Do you get excited about figuring out the user needs to deliver “product-market fit”? Do you enjoy delivering large-scale enterprise cloud platforms with cutting edge innovative technologies? If you do, we’d love to meet you.
In the Agile Scrum software development environment, the Product Owner (PO) is the development key stakeholder.
- The PO is responsible to define needs for design, usability, quality and delivery of a product or feature, and serves as a key decision maker on priority, and works to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned at each stage of the development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with R&D directors and the field teams to translate business needs into user stories for the development teams to implement.
- Work with release managers and technical leads to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams
- Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency
- 5 years of experience with software companies, that develop software platforms for the enterprise. (Relevant roles include product owner, system engineers, architects, product managers, development, and solution architect)
- Domain expertise in cloud infrastructure and storage systems - An Important Advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate effectively across technology and business teams
- Can distill complex ideas to make them universally understandable to the team, management, and sales
- Proven ability to define and prioritize set of requirements that address business challenges.
- Ability to prioritize and balance user features, innovations, operational features, maintenance etc.
- Experience with the cloud
- Profound experience with Agile and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodologies, Iterative development, and incremental development processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computers / Computer Science or equivalent
Silk gives demanding workloads 10x faster performance on the cloud compared to native cloud alone. The Silk Cloud Platform is a virtualization layer that sits between the underlying cloud infrastructure and customers’ workloads. Without refactoring, workloads such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and industry-specific applications can move onto the cloud and massively improve user experience. Industry leaders in e-commerce, software publishing, FinTech, and healthcare, trust Silk with their mission-critical workloads to get the ultra-fast speeds their customers demand. Silk is headquartered in Needham, MA. To learn more, visit https://silk.us/.