Sales Development Representative - Boston Area or Remote
About The Position
Silk, the database supercharger, is looking for an experienced SDR to help us scale a rapidly growing business in a game-changing space. At Silk, we are rewriting the rules of the cloud, together. Our product is unique and so is our culture. Every employee has a voice, is passionate about technology and plays a role in our success. As a team, we are collaborative, fun-loving disruptors. Creativity, collaboration, and camaraderie empower us.
We’re Silk, and what we’re doing here is incredible. Come join us.
Silk is the leading platform to quickly move mission-critical data to the cloud and to keep it operating at performance standards on par with even the fastest on-prem environments. Silk works with global enterprise companies and cloud providers to ensure a seamless, efficient, and smooth migration process, followed by unparalleled performance speeds for all data and applications in the cloud. The platform makes cloud environments run 10x faster and the entire application stack is more resilient to any infrastructure hiccups or malfunctions. Silk has offices in Israel and is headquartered in Needham, MA. For more information, visit https://silk.us/.
Joining our team will make you an integral part of taking Silk to the next level. The SDR is a critically important role within our company, as the Sales Development Representative (SDR) is typically the first sales contact with prospective customers, and is a great opportunity to start a sales career at the ground-level with support to learn and grow over time.
The SDR team will leverage sales and lead generation tools, events, programs and Channel Partners to identify and qualify potential leads for the sales team. They will engage prospects over the phone, email, LinkedIn and chat to qualify prospects, adding them to the pipeline in order to achieve revenue goals.
This position will report to the SDR Team Lead.
Location: Greater Boston area candidates are preferred (so you can come to our fun office at least once per week), but we will consider remote candidates.
- Prospect and qualify potential customers within an assigned geographic territory, leveraging various sales and lead generation tools.
- Utilize our sales workflow and lead generation tools to prospect, email, cold call and follow up with potential clients
- Participate in SDR team huddles, meetings, and training sessions
- Partner with SDR Team Lead and other departments to enhance SDR Toolkits/Playbooks
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience as an SDR (preferable)
- Excellent customer-facing skills
- Highly organized around time management
- Passion for working in a fast-growing environment
- Strong computer, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
Silk is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides extensive Benefits including:
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, savings and spending accounts, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid disability and Life and AD&D Insurance)
- Equity options at hire and potential for additional based on performance
- Flexible hours, with the expectation that you overlap the main part of the day to serve our customers, meet deadlines, collaborate with colleagues and attend key meetings.
- Unlimited paid time off
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Silk does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. (Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups only apply to jobs if they meet all of the qualifications. However, no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. Silk encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. We look forward to your application.)