GCP Alliances Director
About The Position
Silk, is looking for a GCP Alliances Director to help us scale our relationships with GCP as a strategic partner of a rapidly growing business in a game-changing space. At Silk, we are rewriting the rules of the cloud, together. Our product is unique and so is our culture. Every employee has a voice, is passionate about technology and plays a role in our success. As a team, we are collaborative, fun-loving disruptors. Creativity, collaboration, and camaraderie empower us.
We’re Silk, and what we’re doing here is incredible. Come join us.
Silk gives demanding workloads 10x faster performance on the cloud compared to native cloud alone. The Silk Cloud Platform is a virtualization layer that sits between the underlying cloud infrastructure and customers’ workloads. Without refactoring, workloads such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and industry-specific applications can move onto the cloud and massively improve user experience. Industry leaders in e-commerce, software publishing, FinTech, and healthcare, trust Silk with their mission-critical workloads to get the ultra-fast speeds their customers demand. Silk is headquartered in Needham, MA. To learn more, visit silk.us.
About the role
The GCP Alliances Director should drive relationships and Go To Market success with GCP, both at the Corporate level and with field sales teams, architects, engineers and other key stakeholders. The successful applicant is expected to have deep knowledge and expertise of working with GCP and its customers. This function should promote Silk solutions within GCP, developing champions, networking, and evangelizing. It is a senior role with experience working within / with GCP, showcasing Silk’s deep commitment to the partner ecosystem and nurturing GCP seller network by building sales partnerships transacted through Google Marketplace.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of education or equivalent
- Experience in selling solutions built on GCP to Enterprise customers and/or in business development
- Experience in building long-term relationships with GCP as a partner
- Deep knowledge of global marketplace scenario and Enterprise customers
- Knowledge of database environments (especially Oracle and MSQL) is an advantage
- Entrepreneurial and leadership mindset
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive and a team player
- Previous start-up experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of solution selling and MEDDIC a plus
- Silk HQ is in Boston, we are open to anywhere in the US. Some travel will be required
Silk is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides extensive benefits including:
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, savings and spending accounts, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid disability and Life and AD&D Insurance)
- Equity options at hire and potential for additional based on performance
- Flexible hours, with the expectation that you overlap the main part of the day to serve our customers, meet deadlines, collaborate with colleagues, and attend key meetings.
- Unlimited paid time off
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Silk does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.