Senior Software Engineer
About The Position
Would you like to be an expert on all three big clouds? Our cloud foundation group in looking for a strong developer to get with us to the next step.
- Thinking out of the box of realistic huge impact ideas - and getting them implemented
- End-to-end development of Silk's products and features, from design to implementation and from database to client
- Solving diverse, complex problems of high scale using cutting edge systems & technologies
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver amazing products
- Analyze and improve performance, scalability and stability of Silk's products, environments and tools
- Continuously learn and evaluate new technologies in an ongoing effort to perfect our products
- BSc in computer science or equivalent from a known university
- 3+ years of Python experience, 10+ industry experience
- Public cloud development
- Microservices patterns and tooling
- Experience in building scalable RESTful APIs and using external/internal third-party APIs
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g., unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, KISS!)
- Familiarity with at least one server-side framework (e.g., FastAPI, flask, Spring, Django, Rails, Express, Asp.net)
- Must be familiar with Linux development
- Data models for NoSQL databases design
- Experience with k8s
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience with Domain Driven Design, Event-Driven architecture
- System architecture and design skills of large-scale web services
- Frontend/ Full stack exp.
Silk gives demanding workloads 10x faster performance on the cloud compared to native cloud alone. The Silk Cloud Platform is a virtualization layer that sits between the underlying cloud infrastructure and customers’ workloads. Without refactoring, workloads such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and industry-specific applications can move onto the cloud and massively improve user experience. Industry leaders in e-commerce, software publishing, FinTech, and healthcare, trust Silk with their mission-critical workloads to get the ultra-fast speeds their customers demand. Silk is headquartered in Needham, MA. To learn more, visit silk.us.