Senior Support & Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
About The Position
At Silk, we invite you to step into the position of Senior Support and CI Engineer. Your task? Elevate our cloud-based solutions with a blend of cloud expertise and a passion for customer satisfaction. Manage and refine cloud infrastructure seamlessly, ensuring reliability and efficiency.
Join our dynamic team addressing technical challenges for our valued customers.
Collaborate with both clients and internal engineers to troubleshoot and resolve issues effectively. Your influence extends to working with teams across Customer Success, Cloud Infrastructure, and Development Engineering.
The position is part of our EMEA team and is fully remote.
1. Technical Support:
- Provide exceptional customer service and technical assistance.
- Apply troubleshooting techniques to address issues promptly.
- Collaborate with senior developers and infrastructure engineering teams.
- Being part of the support team On-Call routine.
2. Cloud Infrastructure engineer:
- Tune cloud-based infrastructure for optimal performance.
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of cloud solutions.
- Assist with new customer onboarding.
- Executing Cloud-Based Product Demos and POCs
- Team player – skills of working with an inclusive, global team are paramount.
- Excellent customer service skills and a customer-focused attitude.
- Strong problem-solving skills: troubleshooting, problem analysis, and resolution determination while using good judgment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (spoken and written English is mandatory, but additional languages are a plus)
- Effective learning skills and the willingness to learn new things and adapt quickly.
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- A genuine passion for technology and desire and aptitude to increase the technical skill level required.
- Self-motivation and an ability to use initiative.
- Knowledge of Cloud Services: Understanding various cloud service providers
- Networking: Proficiency in networking concepts, including TCP/IP and routing.
- Linux Skills: A solid understanding of Linux operating systems
- Windows Server: Knowledge of Windows Server operating systems
- Scripting: Bash, Powershell, and Python.
- Ansible or Terraform: Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code tools like Ansible and Terraform
- Database: Understanding databases with a focus on MS-SQL and Oracle.
- Kibana: Knowledge of Kibana for data visualization and exploration is an advantageous skill.