Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
About The Position
Silk, the database supercharger, is looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer. At Silk, we are rewriting the rules of the cloud, together. Our product is unique and so is our culture. Every employee has a voice, is passionate about technology and plays a role in our success. As a team, we are collaborative, fun-loving disruptors. Creativity, collaboration, and camaraderie empower us. We’re Silk, and what we’re doing here is incredible. Come join us!
Silk is the leading platform to quickly move mission-critical data to the cloud and to keep it operating at performance standards on par with even the fastest on-prem environments. Silk works with global enterprise companies and cloud providers to ensure a seamless, efficient, and smooth migration process, followed by unparalleled performance speeds for all data and applications in the cloud. The platform makes cloud environments run 10x faster and the entire application stack is more resilient to any infrastructure hiccups or malfunctions. Silk has offices in Israel and is headquartered in Needham, MA. For more information, visit https://silk.us/.
About the Role
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the delivery of Silk’s solution and services for all customers and prospects and ensure that company and customer satisfaction goals are met. This engineer will support the Sales team by providing customer-facing technology expertise across a breadth of enterprise applications and architectures to help grow new opportunities. In addition, he/she will work with the Customer Success team to help grow existing accounts. This position reports to the Cloud Infrastructure Manager on the Customer Success team.
- Install and implement Silk solution in the cloud
- Understand and deliver on customer needs and requirements
- Provide in-depth product knowledge
- Provide product capability assessment
- Deliver customer demos
- Manage the technical aspect of product trials with prospects
- Gain and maintain deep cloud platform and Silk product knowledge
- Provide product capability feedback to product team
- Effectively communicate customer message internally to engineering and product teams
- Write technical documents and application notes
- Provide internal and external training as needed
- Manage multiple projects at the same time with excellent time management and communication skills
- Work with Support and Engineering to resolve issues that occur during implementation
- At least five years of technical experience working with Enterprise customers in cloud or hybrid environments
- Deep knowledge and experience with cloud and enterprise compute, network, and storage architectures
- Experience with Azure and GCP infrastructures, platforms, and solutions will be highly valuable
- Expertise in automation and coding including Go, Python, PowerShell, Terraform and Ansible will be highly valuable
- Experience in virtualization technologies including Hyper-V and KVM
- Should be comfortable to work with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of storage technologies, data services and data protection
- Experience with relation databases (SQL and Oracle) is a plus
- Capable of building and presenting technical content in a clear and interesting manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relations skills, good team player
- Able to work under pressure and against deadlines
- Have a genuine dedication to customer service and make it apparent with each customer interaction
- Startup experience is a huge plus!
- Position is based in Silk HQ in the Greater Boston area. But we are open to this role being located anywhere in the US. Some travel will be required.
Silk is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides extensive benefits including:
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, savings and spending accounts, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid disability and Life and AD&D Insurance)
- Equity options at hire and potential for additional based on performance
- Flexible hours, with the expectation that you overlap the main part of the day to serve our customers, meet deadlines, collaborate with colleagues and attend key meetings.
- Unlimited paid time off
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Silk does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. (Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups only apply to jobs if they meet all of the qualifications. However, no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. Silk encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. We look forward to your application.)