R&D Team Lead
About The Position
Bring your software and managerial engineering skills to our dynamical, growing product by developing core software:
- Leading end to end the development of an advanced infrastructure/automation product, in integration with DevOps aspects controlling hundreds of systems.
- Participate in the full product cycle from definition to solving burning customer issues. Collaboration with product managers and team leaders.
- Enable the continuous integration, automated testing, and deployment of Silk solutions.
- Work in a fast-paced environment delivering weekly incremental value.
- thinking out of the box of realistic huge impact ideas - and getting them implemented
- Continuously learn and evaluate new technologies in an ongoing effort to perfect our products.
- Managerial experience – at least 2 years as a team lead
- At least 5 years of experience with excellent knowledge in Object Oriented and system-level programming – Python is an advantage.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Experienced in a Linux working environment and with distributed systems.
- Public cloud development experience (GCP/Azure/AWS) – advantage.
- Background/experience as a DevOps – an advantage.
- Background in storage systems – an advantage
- Passion to invent and design software along with curiosity and a desire to learn.
- BSC/BA degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering. – advantage.
Silk is the leading platform to quickly move mission-critical data to the cloud and to keep it operating at performance standards on par with even the fastest on-prem environments. Silk works with global enterprise companies and cloud providers to ensure a seamless, efficient, and smooth migration process, followed by unparalleled performance speeds for all data and applications in the cloud. The platform makes cloud environments run 10x faster and the entire application stack is more resilient to any infrastructure hiccups or malfunctions. Silk has offices in Israel and is headquartered in Needham, MA. For more information, visit https://silk.us/.