R&D Team Lead
About The Position
Would you like to lead an amazing team that works on all three big clouds? Our cloud foundation group in looking for a team lead to work with cutting edge technologies such as k8s, microservices, etc. and get with us to the next level.
Our R&D works in Agile methodology. You will lead a scrum team of ~10 people (SW Engineers, QA Engineers and Automation).
- Leading end-to-end development of Silk's products and features, from design to implementation and from database to client
- Thinking out of the box of realistic huge impact ideas - and getting them implemented
- Solving diverse, complex problems of high scale using cutting edge systems & technologies
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver amazing products
- Analyze and improve performance, scalability and stability of Silk's products, environments and tools
- Continuously learn and evaluate new technologies in an ongoing effort to perfect our products
- Managerial experience - at least 2 years as R&D team lead
- Python experience
- Experience with public cloud development
- Designing data models for both NoSQL and relational databases
- Experience in building scalable RESTful APIs and using external/internal third-party APIs
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, KISS!)
- Familiarity with at least one server-side framework (e.g., FastAPI, flask, Spring, Django, Rails, Express, Asp.net)
- Experience with k8s
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience with Domain Driven Design, Event-Driven architecture, and Microservices patterns and tooling
- System architecture and design skills of large scale web services
- Frontend/ Full stack exp.
Silk is the leading platform to quickly move mission-critical data to the cloud and to keep it operating at performance standards on par with even the fastest on-prem environments. Silk works with global enterprise companies and cloud providers to ensure a seamless, efficient, and smooth migration process, followed by unparalleled performance speeds for all data and applications in the cloud. The platform makes cloud environments run 10x faster and the entire application stack is more resilient to any infrastructure hiccups or malfunctions. Silk has offices in Israel and is headquartered in Needham, MA. For more information, visit https://silk.us/.