Product Marketing Manager
About The Position
Silk, the data base supercharger is growing and looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager. If you are smart, product-marketing savvy, energetic, a terrific team player and would like to be part of a winning team, while coming in at the early stages -- this opportunity is for you!
We’re Silk, and what we’re doing here is incredible. Come join us.
Silk is the leading platform to quickly move mission-critical data to the cloud and to keep it operating at performance standards on par with even the fastest on-prem environments. Silk works with global enterprise companies and cloud providers to ensure a seamless, efficient, and smooth migration process, followed by unparalleled performance speeds for all data and applications in the cloud. The platform makes cloud environments run 10x faster and the entire application stack is more resilient to any infrastructure hiccups or malfunctions. Silk has offices in Israel and is headquartered in Needham, MA. For more information, visit https://silk.us/.
This role will report to the VP of Product and will be matrixed to the VP of Marketing. Silk’s office are headquartered in Needham, MA and Yoqneam, Israel. This is a remote position.
What you’ll do:
- Be the product expert on new capabilities to customers, field sellers and partners, regularly presenting to audiences both large and small
- Help shape the Silk go-to-market value proposition and market differentiators
- Be the one who maps the competitive market in terms of messaging and value proposition
- Support content creation for outstanding marketing experiences and programs. Develop effective sales training materials, making it easy for sales and partners to understand our solution offerings and key positioning.
- Partner with GTM and Integrated Marketing teams on plans for events, launches, product moments, and more
- Be the “go-to” person who can explain complex technological solutions in simple layman terms
- Understand the product functionality as a subject matter authority to provide internal and external product support through the creation of differentiated assets
- Develop vertical and persona-specific messaging to support sales
- Collaborate with global demand-gen teams to deliver innovative marketing campaigns. Partner with other marketing specialist teams to support Silk’s efforts in executive thought leadership, content marketing, webinars to build pipeline.
- Work with the Silk growth advisory board to integrate insights and to utilize participants in the different Silk marketing programs.
Who you are:
- Product marketer with 2+ years of experience at a technology company/startup or analyst firm
- Experienced with developing sales tools
- Able to understand product lingo and translate it to laymen terms
- Great communicator and storyteller
- Fierce and ambitious
- Understand how to engage an audience by building stellar presentations and compelling demos
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a geographically distributed team
- Start-up experience is not required, but has proven to help most team members succeed in this role
Silk is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides extensive benefits including:
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, savings and spending accounts, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid disability and Life and AD&D Insurance)
- Equity options at hire and potential for additional based on performance
- Flexible hours, with the expectation that you overlap the main part of the day to serve our customers, meet deadlines, collaborate with colleagues and attend key meetings.
- Unlimited paid time off
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Silk does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. (Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups only apply to jobs if they meet all of the qualifications. However, no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. Silk encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. We look forward to your application.)