Director of Business Operations
About The Position
Silk is looking for a Director of Business Operations to lead the overall sales productivity and effectivity and drive continuous improvement of a rapidly growing sales function. Every employee has a voice, is passionate about technology and plays a role in our success. As a team. We are collaborative, fun-loving disruptors. Creativity, collaboration, and camaraderie empower us.
Silk is a Sequoia company. Since releasing its product in Q4 2020 we’ve experienced hyper growth due to the acceleration of companies moving their mission-critical workloads to the cloud. We’ve just finished a significantly oversubscribed $55M funding round. Silk platform enablement of customers cloud deployments was especially relevant to customers in the last two Covid years and today’s turbulent times.
Silk gives demanding workloads 10x faster performance on the cloud compared to native cloud alone. The Silk Cloud Platform is a virtualization layer that sits between the underlying cloud infrastructure and customers’ workloads. Without refactoring, workloads such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and industry-specific applications can move onto the cloud and massively improve user experience. Industry leaders in e-commerce, software publishing, FinTech, and healthcare, trust Silk with their mission-critical workloads to get the ultra-fast speeds their customers’ demand. Silk is headquartered in Needham, MA. To learn more, visit silk.us.
- Critical team member providing leadership to all aspects of Silk’s go to market organization.
- Refine and manage the operational cadence for the global sales organization, including weekly sales calls and quarterly business reviews.
- Rigorous pipeline inspection, deal management and forecasting for teams. Responsible for implementing new programs to enhance predictability and accountability.
- Extensive involvement in and oversight of contracting and contract management function. Partner with Operations and Legal to support sales negotiations and contract templates.
- Design and manage optimal deployment of sales resources – quota, territory, and compensation plans. Define performance measurement and management programs.
- Create and document process workflows and controls as they relate to the sales cycle. Optimize the quote-to-cash process with focus on automation and ease-of-use.
- Owner and administrator of on Sales Force Dot Com (SFDC). You will deliver leadership, decision-making and a roadmap for enabling sales technologies, working as a critical business partner to Silk’s strategic projects and Information Systems Teams.
- Manage and optimize direct and indirect channel selling strategies; Support other team members on new go-to-market models and pricing strategies.
- Create and document consistent process for account management.
- Lead strategic client action planning intended to monitor health status of clients in each business with focus on actionable plans as the result of client performance in areas such as utilization, profitability, and ROI.
- Other special projects as needed.
Key Competencies and Qualifications
The Director must exhibit superior quantitative, communication and operational execution capabilities. He or she must be able to think strategically, creatively, and tactically. Other skills and attributes include:
- At least 10 years’ experience in sales strategy, sales operations, with significant sales team exposure. Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, procedures, and policies.
- Software/technology experience – a plus.
- Strong business acumen, creativity and problem-solving skills combined with effective management skills, and the ability to lead through influence and integrity.
- Ability to work cooperatively at all levels across organizational boundaries to maintain the positive relationships required to accomplish Silk goals.
- Strong executive presence and communication skills.
- Flexibility and capability to quickly adapt to new demands. Ability to work in a dynamic, demanding and high-growth environment.
- Organized and methodical, with a structured, data-driven approach to problem solving.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Highly experienced with Salesforce.com.
- Willing to travel as required (~10%)
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of experience with sustained leadership and growth in sales operations roles.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA/CPA/CFA a plus.
- Prior sales experience preferred but not required.
- Must have experience with multi-channel B2B sales organizations.
- Experience in software, SaaS company strongly preferred but not required.
Silk is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides extensive benefits including:
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, savings and spending accounts, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid disability and Life and AD&D Insurance)
- Equity options at hire and potential for additional based on performance
- Flexible hours, with the expectation that you overlap the main part of the day to serve our customers, meet deadlines, collaborate with colleagues, and attend key meetings.
- Unlimited paid time off
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Silk does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Per recent pay transparency law changes across the United States, this position pays:
OTE: $210,000 to $250,000 (This position is bonus eligible. The OTE includes Base + Bonus.)
Final compensation packages are always subject to candidate experience, skills, and location.