Enterprise Sales Representative - ESR
About The Position
Silk, is looking for an ESR to help us scale a rapidly growing business in a game-changing space. At Silk, we are rewriting the rules of the cloud, together. Our product is unique and so is our culture. Every employee has a voice, is passionate about technology and plays a role in our success. As a team, we are collaborative, fun-loving disruptors. Creativity, collaboration, and camaraderie empower us. We’re Silk, and what we’re doing here is incredible. Come join us.
Silk is a Sequoia company. Since releasing its product in Q4 2020 we’ve experienced hyper growth due to the acceleration of companies moving their mission-critical workloads to the cloud. We’ve just finished a significantly oversubscribed $55M funding round. Silk platform enablement of customers cloud deployments was especially relevant to customers in the last two Covid years and today’s turbulent times.
Silk gives demanding workloads 10x faster performance on the cloud compared to native cloud alone. The Silk Cloud Platform is a virtualization layer that sits between the underlying cloud infrastructure and customers’ workloads. Without refactoring, workloads such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and industry-specific applications can move onto the cloud and massively improve user experience. Industry leaders in e-commerce, software publishing, FinTech, and healthcare, trust Silk with their mission-critical workloads to get the ultra-fast speeds their customers’ demand.
Silk is headquartered in Needham, MA. To learn more, visit silk.us.
- Own the full sales cycle from prospect to close.
- Maintain high forecasting accuracy of pipeline and deal flow.
- Develop and present customer proposals.
- Establish and develop relationships with key people within potential customer organizations.
- Serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas the business.
There are two (2) geographies that we're trying to cover (2 ESR openings).
- West Coast
- North East or South Central (This ESR for the North East or South Central region will play more of a "farmer" role, someone who would be responsible for maintaining and expanding accounts.)
- 5+ years of Account Executive experience selling cloud products to Enterprise organizations (including large enterprises with multiple stakeholders such as IT, Networking and Security)
- Experience managing a pipeline and closing large contracts of $250k+ ARR
- Experience with deal size of at least $1.5M
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
- Ability to develop senior-level relationships quickly and effectively
- Experience selling to Director level + and C-suite decision-makers in Enterprise accounts
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities simultaneously at various stages of the buying process
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive and a team player
- Previous start-up experience is a strong advantage
- Knowledge of solution selling and MEDDIC a plus
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a geographically distributed team
- Some travel required
Silk is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides extensive benefits including:
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, savings and spending accounts, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid disability and Life and AD&D Insurance)
- Equity options at hire and potential for additional based on performance
- Flexible hours, with the expectation that you overlap the main part of the day to serve our customers, meet deadlines, collaborate with colleagues and attend key meetings.
- Unlimited paid time off
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Silk does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. (Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups only apply to jobs if they meet all of the qualifications. However, no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. Silk encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. We look forward to your application.)
Per recent pay transparency law changes across the United States, this position pays:
Base: $130,000 to $150,000 / Bonus: $130,000 to $150,000 / OTE: $260,000 to $300,000 (~50/50 split)
Final compensation packages are always subject to candidate experience, skills, and location.