Senior Database Solution Architect
About The Position
Silk is the leading platform to quickly move mission-critical data to the cloud and to keep it operating at performance standards on par with even the fastest on-prem environments. Silk works with global enterprise companies and cloud providers to ensure a seamless, efficient, and smooth migration process, followed by unparalleled performance speeds for all data and applications in the cloud. The platform makes cloud environments run 10x faster and the entire application stack is more resilient to any infrastructure hiccups or malfunctions. Silk has offices in Israel and is headquartered in Needham, MA. For more information, visit https://silk.us/.
Who We Need?
Working closely with the Enterprise Sales Representatives in the US market, this person will provide Oracle Database expertise and technical cloud expertise in support of pre-sales activities to drive business with new customers.
Anywhere in the United States. Most of the work is done remotely but must have the ability to travel to prospect and customer sites from time to time.
- Provide Oracle database expertise and partner with the Silk Enterprise Sales Representatives across the US in:
- Prospecting new business and customer engagements
- Sales presentations, with a focus on coming into engagements as the Oracle SME
- Planning and running POC’s
- Leading demonstrations
- Preparing and presenting responses to RFPs, RFIs etc.
- Maintain in-depth product knowledge to:
- Assess product capability in customer environment
- Understand customer needs and requirements
- Manage all technical aspects of the customer relationship, from pre-sales activities throughout successful implementations
- Work with channel partners to build and maintain an active channel network, including:
- Joint sales engagements
- Training and knowledge transfer to partner sales and technical contacts
- Occasional participation in demand generation activities such as trade shows, events etc.
- 5+ years of experience working with Oracle Database products including RAC, ASM and Data Guard. Experience of Oracle Exadata preferred
- Preference for Oracle Certifications e.g. Oracle Certified Master, Oracle Certified Professional
- Administration skills for Linux (including Red Hat and Oracle Linux) and Microsoft Windows
- Additional database knowledge (SQL Server, Postgres, Elastic, MongoDB, Aerospike), preferred
- 2+ years of experience successfully working in cloud-based environments with mid-range and Enterprise customers
- Technical understanding and experience in Cloud deployments, especially Azure
- Experience migrating Oracle applications, ideally migrations into the cloud
- Excellent written and oral skills & presenting technical material capabilities
- Must be a team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Selling experience to C-level
- Must be comfortable and motivated to work in a dynamic start-up environment, where agility and energy level are crucial
- Hands-on installation experience, preferred
- Fast learning curve, eagerness to learn and face new technological challenges
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated, being able to lead end-to-end processes while working remotely