Office Manager & Executive Assistant-Needham, MA
About The Position
Silk, the database supercharger, is looking for an Office Manager/Executive Assistant to help support our team as we scale a rapidly growing business in a game-changing space. At Silk, we are rewriting the rules of the cloud, together. Our product is unique and so is our culture. Every employee has a voice, is passionate about technology and plays a role in our success. As a team, we are collaborative, fun-loving disruptors. Creativity, collaboration, and camaraderie empower us.
We’re Silk, and what we’re doing here is incredible. Come join us.
Silk is the leading platform to quickly move mission-critical data to the cloud and to keep it operating at performance standards on par with even the fastest on-prem environments. Silk works with global enterprise companies and cloud providers to ensure a seamless, efficient, and smooth migration process, followed by unparalleled performance speeds for all data and applications in the cloud. The platform makes cloud environments run 10x faster and the entire application stack is more resilient to any infrastructure hiccups or malfunctions. Silk has offices in Israel and is headquartered in Needham, MA. For more information, visit https://silk.us/.
About the role
Silk is seeking an experienced Office Manager & Executive Assistant, reporting to Chief Operating Officer located in Needham, MA. You will be a hands-on administrative coordinator and positive role model that demonstrates the ability to balance and execute both tactical and project-related responsibilities. You will also serve as an Executive Assistant for both our Chief Operating Officer and Chief Sales Officer. This is a highly collaborative role that will help ensure the effective and efficient day-to-day operations of the office, working with leadership and IT on internal events, and managing various ad hoc projects. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to partner closely with the COO and Director of HR to attain the office goals of a positive and engaging culture.
- You will be in charge of first impressions for anyone coming into our office, including visitors, customers, employees and potential new team members, and additional duties such as receiving incoming calls, taking messages, and accepting deliveries.
- Employee experience – you will be responsible for the cleanliness of the space (in partnership with building management), organization of conference rooms, break area, and lobby/waiting area. Ensures office team has supplies and resources as needed, and coordinating company-paid weekly lunch for office staff, weekly happy hour and recognition of birthdays. Work with onsite HR and COO on employee events as needed.
- Perform administrative duties for the COO and CSO, and manage schedule, arrange appointments, travel, meetings, conference calls, etc. as needed, such as coordinating internal events with leadership - arrange travel plans and programs for employees, as needed.
- Partners with HR and hiring managers efforts such as interview scheduling and the onboarding of new hires.
- Work requires some analysis and use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Remain knowledgeable of corporate policy.
- May make contacts of a sensitive, complex, and confidential nature. Considered highly skilled and proficient in discipline.
- Conducts important assignments under minimal supervision and with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Assists with collection of receipts and credit card reconciliation. Work with finance and accounting departments to ensure work remain within budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree or equivalent experience / career-level professional within field (5+ years)
- Outgoing personality with the ability to be flexible, adaptive, proactive and a team player
- Skills and experience supporting an organization that is across multiple time zones and/or global in nature / supporting a geographically distributed team
- Technical experience and proficiency with MS Office products such as 365, Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and other like applications; energetically embraces new technology
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Passion for entertaining, organizing office luncheons, managing catered orders
- Office attendance 2-3 days a week is required and when others travel to the office
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Previous start-up/high tech experience is an advantage
Silk is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides extensive benefits including:
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, savings and spending accounts, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid disability and Life and AD&D Insurance)
- Equity options at hire and potential for additional based on performance
- Flexible hours, with the expectation that you overlap the main part of the day to serve our customers, meet deadlines, collaborate with colleagues, and attend key meetings.
- Unlimited paid time off
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Silk does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.