Are you hesitant about migrating your workload to the cloud? Worried about outages or loss of functionality? Silk can offer you a “lift, shift, and evolve” migration that eliminates almost all of those worries. I’m Ori Weizman, Sr. Solutions Architect for Silk, and your host for this episode.
I will be taking you through the steps necessary for moving your “monolithic” workloads, and showing you why migrating is so important for the future of your company. Cloud migration doesn’t have to be a messy or complicated process.
Migration to the cloud is the necessary first step to capturing cloud value. It provides scalability, agility, resilience, security, and a lower total cost of ownership. Join us each episode for in-depth discussions across different elements and aspects of the cloud, from the technical to the absurd, with a focus on helping YOU understand the capabilities and limitations of various public cloud offerings. Our goal is to explain how a blend of cloud technology can be effectively married to business outcomes that help you be better prepared to smartly approach and solve your business problems with cloud technologies.
Getting Loud About the Cloud podcast is powered by Silk. With acrobatic cloud flexibility and unshakeable data resiliency, Silk offers the greatest database performance of your life. Silk is rewriting the rules of the cloud to make businesses smarter, faster, and fully prepared for whatever the world has in store for them next.
- The “odyssey” of moving your monolithic workload
- A dictionary definition of an odyssey
- Why use the term “monoliths”?
- I suggest you go back and listen to Silk’s podcast #3 “Prepare for Takeoff” (see the link below)
- Your available paths to migration – why lift and shift is better than refactoring
- Building a case– using Oracle as an example
- The steps for transitioning
- The “headless commerce” customers from 2013-2015
- What you’ll gain by lift, shift and evolve
- The Gartner Report on IT spending
- Reach out to Silk for an easy cloud migration solution!
- We welcome your suggestions– reach out to Silk for topics for upcoming episodes